- Cheyney U’s “Bleak Future?”: Rick Smith Talks to APSCUF President about Auditor General’s Report
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network Press Release on NY State’s Fracking Ban
- Bowling For Presidents: How College Football Can Help Sort Out The Field For The 2016 Election
- Revealed: How Big Oil Got Expedited Permitting for Fracking on Public Lands Into the Defense Bill
- The Wall Street Woodcutter & The Trees: A Look At The Passage of the Cromnibus Bill
- John McNesby Will Get THIS Philadelphia Officer His Job Back.
- ESU President Tweets Selfie with “Premiere Exotic Dancing Group On Campus?” Really?
- New Obama State Dept Top Energy Diplomat Amos Hochstein A Former Marathon Oil Lobbyist
- Eagles Fans tell Garner and Brown Supporters To “Get Jobs” & Throw a Punch at Photo-Journalist
- Mental Apartheid
After the Philadelphia Eagles lost to the Seattle Seahawks, POWER (Philadelphians Organized to Witness, Empower and Rebuild) and a coalition of interfaith groups went forward with their planned “die-in” demonstration. In remembering Michael Brown and Eric Garner, activists and community members laid at Broad and Pattison for four …
[View the story “#PhillyDieIn Shows Protests and White Privilege ” on Storify]
Another day. Another racially charged Facebook post by House Republican Mike Vereb. Last week, Vereb called President Obama the “Emperor of the United States,” during Obama’s immigration announcement. Tonight, he posts this on his Facebook page:
In today’s Pittsburgh Tribune, former Commonwealth Foundation / Pennsylvania Independent journalist Melissa Daniels wrote this about Tom Wolf negotiating with his big bad campaign donors. The. Public. Sector. Unions. Cue the drums… When Gov.-elect Tom Wolf negotiates Pennsylvania’s largest public sector union contracts in 2015, …
In a facebook screed against President Obama’s executive action on immigration reform, Pennsylvania State Representative – and Republican! – Mike Vereb posted the following screed: I cannot believe that the Emperor of the United States is actually going to follow through with this announcement. If …
Here are some of the “greatest hits” coming from the #PantsUpDontLoot hashtag. This just shows that “Post Racial America” is just a bunch of bullshit. [View the story “#PantsUpDontLoot: The Hashtag for Post Racial White America” on Storify]
A State of Emergency has been issued in St. Louis County and the national guard has been called up. Here’s a song for those in Ferguson. No justice. No Peace.
Hey Commonwealth Citizens, Meet your new House Speaker.
1 2 3 … 34 »
Yesterday, there was a monumental shake up in Harrisburg. On the one side, the Pennsylvania House and Senate Democrats rewarded Frank Dermody, Jay Costa, Tim Briggs, Dan Frenkel and others responsible for the colossal 2014 Fuck Up – where Pennsylvania Democrats LOST 8 House seats …