- Faculty Union Issues Statement in Response to PASSHE Retrenchment Letters
- The Return of #SLASSHE – New Chancellor Leads the Charge for New Round of Cuts at PA State Universities
- Taking the Fight to UPMC – March on UPMC to Support Workers
- March on UPMC: Workers and Community Members Take to the Streets Calling for Good Jobs and End to Union-Busting
- #PAGov: Tom Corbett’s Media Strategist Defends Ernst’s Use of Nullification
- Greenpeace Report: Obama Administration Exporting Climate Change by Exporting Coal
- Packing Heat in the Brothers’ ’Hood – Armed Right-Wing Whites Head to Black Houston Neighborhood
- #PAGov: Is Tom Corbett’s Pension Reform Tour a Bunch of Taxpayer Funded Campaign Events?
- Not Just the Atlantic: Obama Leasing Millions of Gulf Acres for Offshore Drilling
- #PaGov: Pirates Fans Think Tom Corbett’s Education Policy is “Fracked Up”
Last weekend Raging Chicken Press packed up and headed to Harrisburg, PA for the 2014 PA Progressive Summit. It was an AWESOME couple of days and we’ll have more for you on the summit in the coming days. In this episode of the Rick Smith …
In this latest episode of the Rick Smith Files, we bring you an interview Rick did with Raging Chicken Press editor Kevin Mahoney, from October 22, 2013. Rick and Kevin talk about the attacks on public education and the need to fight back. In the …
In this episode, we bring you an excerpt from Rick’s February 19, 2014 interview with Professor Richard Wolff. Richard Wolff is the co-founder of Democracy at Work and the host of the awesome radio show, Economic Update. He is also the author of the 2012 …
This past Tuesday, Rick Smith talked with Rhonda Brownstein, Executive Director of the Education Law Center of PA, to get a reality check on Gov. Tom Corbett’s proposed 2014-15 budget as it relates to funding public education in PA. While Corbett’s budget provides some additional …
Yes, it’s a Twofer Tuesday here at Raging Chicken Press. Earlier today we announced our two new projects – a Raging Chicken Press podcast and more Rick Smith Show files. We don’t like to waste a whole lot of time, so I thought you might …
Back in September Rick Smith spoke with Union Solidarity International – a Glasgow, Scotland based organization that “aims to build grassroots international union solidarity using the latest technology” (We just came across the interview today). It will not surprise regular readers of Raging Chicken Press that …
Last night, Kevin Mahoney was talking about his recent article, “Wall Street on the Susquehanna: PASSHE Bond Scheme Bleeds Education Budget for Beautiful Buildings,” on the Rick Smith Show. Listen to the interview below or listen to last night’s entire show RIGHT HERE.
Last night, Beth MacDaniel, Chair of the English department and President of the local chapter of APSCUF at Clarion University talked to Rick Smith about plans to cut over 40 jobs and eliminate programs and Clarion University.
Rick Smith talks with Jordan Romanus, Pittsburgh Organizer for the Restaurant Opportunity Center (ROC) United talks about poverty and how raising the wages for restaurant workers is one of the most important issues of our generation. We must put a stop to the race to the …
Listen to why Rick Smith has opted his daughter out of taking the destructive PSSA’s.