- Hedges: Get In the Damn Streets!
- The Untold History of Hazleton’s Racial Tensions
- Form-ing Dissent
- Raging Chicken Press Passes the 400,000 Mark! Thank You!!!
- Working Class Solidarity is the Key to Health Care Becoming a Human Right
- #BurnItDown | Ripping Back the Veil of Exploitation in Higher Ed
- #PutPeople1st: Live Tweeting from Put People First’s 2nd Annual Convention Today
- Reorganizing Vermont: Keeping Universal Health Care “Universal”
- Clowns to the Left of Me, Jokers to the Right: Progressive Third Party Politics in West Virginia
- Kathryn Knott is Our Child
Suppose you are a leader of a nationally prominent environmental conservation society or even a local conversation society. Let’s say the society is the Audubon Society or the Ruffed Grouse Society, whose missions, respectively, are: “To conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and …
Aubrey McClendon, CEO of Chesapeake Energy and Ralph Eads III, the Chairman of Jefferies Energy Investment Banking Group go way back in their association. McClendon and Eads were Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity brothers at Duke University. Prior to joining Jefferies, Eads was Co-President of Jefferies …
Editor’s Note: “The Fracking News” comes to Raging Chicken Press by way of our new friends from Coalition for a Healthy County. The Coalition for a Healthy County (CHC) is a coalition of concerned citizens and local and state organizations actively engaging in a campaign to maintain the integrity of …
Perhaps the most incredible thing about my recent public listserv and consequent email exchange with Penn State geologist Terry Engelder is his explicit insistence that I “do not have permission to put this material on the web.” Why, I can only hazard to guess, but …
Perhaps the most alarming fact about hydraulic fracturing—fracking—is that it’s still going on at all despite the enormity of the evidence against it. Chesapeake CEO Aubrey McClendon must think there’s a special god just for frackers, one who not only turns a blind eye to …