- Taking the Fight to UPMC – March on UPMC to Support Workers
- March on UPMC: Workers and Community Members Take to the Streets Calling for Good Jobs and End to Union-Busting
- #PAGov: Tom Corbett’s Media Strategist Defends Ernst’s Use of Nullification
- Greenpeace Report: Obama Administration Exporting Climate Change by Exporting Coal
- Packing Heat in the Brothers’ ’Hood – Armed Right-Wing Whites Head to Black Houston Neighborhood
- #PAGov: Is Tom Corbett’s Pension Reform Tour a Bunch of Taxpayer Funded Campaign Events?
- Not Just the Atlantic: Obama Leasing Millions of Gulf Acres for Offshore Drilling
- #PaGov: Pirates Fans Think Tom Corbett’s Education Policy is “Fracked Up”
- #PAGov: Another PAC Hits Corbett on Eduation and Natural Gas Record
- Parking Privatization Killing Harrisburg Businesses
I have a rule when I hear Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) administrators explain the “budget crisis” in the system or at any one of the 14 state-owned universities: the first two reasons they give are generally throw-aways, but pay attention to the …
Last night, Beth MacDaniel, Chair of the English department and President of the local chapter of APSCUF at Clarion University talked to Rick Smith about plans to cut over 40 jobs and eliminate programs and Clarion University.
In the wake of the devastating cuts proposed by the Clarion University administration and President Karen Whitney, it took a few days for faculty, staff, and students to shake off the initial shock and disbelief. Shock and disbelief has given way to a mobilization effort …
Harrisburg – Monday evening the negotiations committee of the Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties (APSCUF) unanimously approved a tentative contract agreement with the State System of Higher Education (PASSHE). APSCUF delegates will vote on the tentative agreement at a Legislative Assembly scheduled for …
Editor’s Note: This article is the first in a Raging Chicken Press mini-series on the Temple injunction of 1990 and the current APSCUF contract negotiations. To see an overview of what this series is about, check out Kevin Mahoney’s introduction to the series here. Following …
Tomorrow, BLACK FRIDAY, Walmart workers from around the country are going on strike for respect, a living wage, and a new model for the American economy – one in which we look out for one another. Enough with the race to the bottom! Stand up, …
It’s about 3:30 am and I am up preparing for today’s PASSHE Board of Governors meeting in Harrisburg. I am printing out the last faculty letters to the Chancellor that I received late last night, reviewing my notes for my 90 seconds before the Board …
Editor’s Note: This article inaugurates a new Raging Chicken Press series by the same name: Smashing Apples. This series will focus on the ongoing attacks against public education from kindergarten through higher education both in the Pennsylvania region and across the country. Two weeks ago, …
Amazing video from Mother Jones. Romney speaks to super-wealth donors at May 17th fundraiser in Boca Raton.